The Aeropress is a firm favourite amongst coffee lovers across the globe. And for good reason, too. This nifty little tool brews an excellent cuppa, but there’s a method to getting the best out of every press.
So, do yourself a favour, check out the below steps and make yourself the perfect AeroPress coffee.
[instagram url= https://www.instagram.com/p/BOWULQxhFD_/ hidecaption=true]
Brewing coffee with the inverted Aeropress method:
- Grind your fresh coffee beans until fine.
- Boil your water while grinding, so that it has 30 sec – 1 min to cool. No one likes burnt coffee.
- Add approx. 2 tablespoons of your ground coffee to the Aeropress, and top it up about halfway with water.
- Give it a quick stir, and then top up further with water.
- Place a slightly dampened paper filter in the cap, and screw it on to the Aeropress tightly.
- Quickly and carefully flip the Aeropress onto your coffee cup, and slowly press it down.
- Taste, and add more water if that’s your thing – or whip up some microfoam to top it off. No judgies.
[instagram url= https://www.instagram.com/p/BBS2GywHH8s/ hidecaption=true]
Not sure what coffee to use? We recommend getting the good stuff from The Portland Project, founded by Wayne Oberholzer – a former SA Barista Champion and SA Cup Taster’s Champion. I can assure you that it is DELICIOUS.